Peeing when you cough/sneeze? HELP ME!

Hey ladies. Ok so please don't make fun of me, but everytime I cough or sneeze, I pee a little. Im so sick of it! Is this normal? And is there anything I can do about it?

Thank you

Asked by emmas_mama07 at 12:06 AM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Very normal and the only advice I can give you is wear a pad. How much longer do you have?

Answer by vickwu at 12:08 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I did that every pregnancy.

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 12:08 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• It is very very normal! There isn't anything you can do to prevent it. I would just wear a light panty liner.

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 12:08 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I wore a pad. It's happens to many women.

Answer by doulala at 12:23 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• It is normal.....but are you able to do kegal exercises? Do you know where those muscles are? If you do, you can practice those exercises, as in flex those muscles just a bit, several times a day to keep them strong (er) (flex and hold for like 5 secs, then repeat several times) obviously not while you are coughing or sneezing, but it will help later too, when you arent pregnant

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 12:27 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Very normal. Just one of those lovely little pregnancy perks! lol

Answer by sweetmoonem at 12:48 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Totally normal! Wear a maxi pad (and change it relatively often, to prevent a yeast infection). It'll also be good for later, when your discharge increases.

Answer by musicpisces at 1:23 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Oh yeah. I try to go pee often even if I don't feel like I need too. Specially if I'm sneezy. The other night I was mixing cookie dough and I sneezed. I peed then as I rushed to the bath room I sneezed 2 more times. In total I peed about half a cup on myself. It sucks big time! I'm 29 weeks

Answer by crazymom21 at 1:46 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Thank you ladies! I appreciate the advice. I did buy a small thing of light pads, and having been using those, which has helped a lot (as far as staying dry) I just never had this with my daughter, so I though I would ask

Answer by emmas_mama07 at 2:46 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• It's normal but there IS something that can be done about it. Kegal exercises help so much as a previous poster said, but you can also add weight to it to help strengthen your pelvic floor SO much more. Pleasure Pods, Ben Wa Balls or Pleasure Pearls can help and they're fun to use. You can buy them from my website at Sexual health is VERY important!

Answer by bretsnag at 6:27 PM on Sep. 13, 2009