As fall approaches....do any of you get the feeling that your husband is thinking less of you and more of a four legged, horned animal most commonly know as the deer?

Alas, deer season is upon us. We are putting away the boat and bring out the fourwheelers and tree stands. Are any of you mommies out there experiencing the same things I am? My husband is staring to get antsy, he jumps at the slightest noise in the woods behing our house, hes conviced he's hemmed up the biggest deer around in the bottoms where he's being putting corn and growing food just for this one special deer.....He's gotten his guns out and is sighting them in for the year, camo has become the predominate clothing option in the last week or so. Its staring to get serious. Any other mommies out there glad to see their husbands getting ready?

lstrickland

Asked by lstrickland at 12:08 AM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• mine is out right now going after those Elk. He almost had a full draw (bowhunter) on a 5x7 today!
    it got freaked i guess and took off, he was only 47 yds away he says. he gets into way before the season. well he is thinking about it all year, and scouting the areas when he can all year. so he is gone friday eve through monday night all of sept. most of october maybe home??? back out some in november for the late season. he has his tag for elk, deer, bear and mountain lion too.... so im sure he'll get something, but it's the Elk that he is after! and he is only Bow..he doesn't go out for rifle season anymore, too many times almost been shot by trigger happy fools that drink too much the night before, sometimes into the next day. lol. he takes this VERY seriously! lol
    his mother and step dad got us a wall hanging board (i wont hang it) that says our marriage survived another hunting season
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 2:26 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• My boyfriend lives in the woods when deer season is here. I love deer meat so i'm okay with it lol.
    He does talk alot about it but he still makes time for me.
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 12:12 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• No. My DH is thinking of getting OUT of his camo (aka ACU's) and coming home for the holidays! yay for the end of deployment!
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:17 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I just think putting out corn is unfair to the deer. Now that Bambi feels safe we can kill him. Just not right.
    meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 1:15 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• No. My husband doesn't like to do anything that takes that much time away from his family.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• No we live in Vegas right now lol.No deer running across the strip lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:17 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• LOL....naw, my husband doesn't hunt. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:55 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• MY HUSBAND HUNTS AND I LOVE THE DEER MEAT!!!!! I am so glad he has such a passion for something I think it is wonderful and if it wasnt for hunters to control the population we would be over ran with deer. and other animals. But for the lady that thinks putting corn out is unfair I dont know how it is everywhere else but the state we live in all the corn has to be gone and none put back out before opening day of the season. Hope that eases your mind alittle.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Sep. 13, 2009