How old is to old to trick or treat?

My daughter is 13 and Im just wondering how old is to old to t-or-t

what are some good ideas for when they do get too old?

shespeaksloud

Asked by shespeaksloud at 12:16 AM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I think once they are a teenager they shouldn't go trick or treating. You can take them to haunted houses or throw a halloween party but I think trick or treating is for little kids.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 12:36 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I went trick or treating as a teen and I see alot of teens doing it. As long as they are not out causing trouble I think it is fine. By the time most teens hit 16 or 17 they are busy doing other things. 13 is still a fun age to go treating with friends.

Last year my kids who are younger went with my friends teenagers and they all had a blast, no one gave them funny looks or said anything about it.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:24 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• All my kids still trick or treat. The 13, 12, 11 go with us in the neighbor hood. My oldest (16) goes with some friends, they take their younger siblings around, and most houses will give the older ones candy because they still dress in a costume! LOL....
    I think its all in fun! But I have a rule, you have to go in costume....or no trick and treat!
    momsbreak5654

Answer by momsbreak5654 at 6:02 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I'd be shocked to see a 13 year old trick or treating. I think I was 9 the last time I dressed up but I walked around with my sister a few more years until she was old enough to go alone.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 9:59 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Idk...16? Heck, if I could get away with it...which I might be able to, because I'm kinda short..I'd still trick-or-treat, lol! I say let them go as long as they are comfortable! Once it's over, it's over...until you have little kids yourself. I'm pregnant with my first, but can't wait until he's old enough! :)
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 10:57 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I see older teens trick-or-treating around here and have no problem with it as long as they are in costume (and I don't mean some half-hearted attempt, either) and aren't being rowdy or destructive. Halloween is a good time for everyone and I don't see why they can't hang on to that one bit of childhood a little longer as long as they are behaving appropriately and truly enjoying the holiday fun.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 11:01 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I don't think teens are too old as long as they aren't causing trouble. Last year my son and his friends went (as Pac-Man and the ghosts) and they were 15-18 they had a blast. When I asked if any people said they were too old they said no that people actually thought it was kind of cool that they still had fun dressing up.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 11:13 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I didn't know that there was an age requirement. I think so long as the teen want's to, is in costume and behaving themselves, then they should go out and enjoy Halloween. Some of my teens do and a few don't, it's really up to them. Halloween is a kids holiday and last I checked teenagers were still kids.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 11:45 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• In our community (which is very small, one mile by one mile) the kids go until they are graduated from high school and no one minds. We all know each other and the teens are having fun. There's never any trouble, they dress up and they are respectful to the little ones.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 12:04 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• There's no "too old". They go til they're ready to stop. No harm in letting that happen. No gain in stopping it. I always went out and now go with my daughter.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 3:20 PM on Sep. 13, 2009