yeast infection in rectum

I'm just wondering if you can get a yeast infection in your bottom? mine has been itchy/slight burn to it and now has small white yeast looking stuff coming from it when I wipe. if I do have it how do I get rid of it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Health

• I was prescribed it while breastfeeding my son with no problems. The doctor knew I was breastfeeding. Here's a bit of info I googled for you:

http://www.breastfeedingfacts.com/Diflucan-Fluconazole-Treatment.php
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:01 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• gross
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• You can get one down there--it's a dark and moist area like the vagina. I don't see what is so gross about it. A person can give it to herself the same way as vaginal yeast infection. I don't know if the OTC stuff would work for that, maybe the diflucan pill? That is if you are not pregnant of course. I've never heard of anyone using Monistat for a rectal yeast infection because it is premeasured and you would have to squirt it up your butt. You could buy an OTC test that will tell you if it is bacteria or yeast.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:58 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• OP here- thanks. if that's what it is I got it from an antibiotic I'm taking. that med (diflucan pill) is it safe while breastfeeding? I have a 5 week old daughter. thanks again
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Do you have pets?

It sounds like pinworms, to me.

Over-the-counter remedies work, but you have to ask the pharmacist for them.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:37 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• OP here- thanks! its not pinworms as I only have a lizard the I don't touch! I'm pretty sure its a yeast infection... thanks again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:46 PM on Sep. 13, 2009