I have been getting yeast infections

I have had a yeast infection the last 2 months after period. I never had this problem till now. I had only one when I was preg. with first at beginning of pregnancy. Is it normal to all the sudden have an issue with yeast infections. Stress play into them?

MommyPeck3

Asked by MommyPeck3 at 12:42 AM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Health

• Yeast infections can be caused by stress, or even using panty liners, feminine deodorant sprays or just having excessive moisture in the vagina, that's why they occur after menstrual cycles. I had this problem for a while. My doctor told me to stop using all of the above and not to use moist wipes down there. Hope this helps.
    aavinleilazora

Answer by aavinleilazora at 12:49 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Yeast infections can be caused by a million things, even bubble baths. Start eating lots of yogurt and cut out some of the high sugar carbs if you are eating lots of them. Also, yeast infections can be a sign of diabetes or other problems, so if you are having any other weird symptoms, it might warrant a trip to the doc
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 1:19 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• If the over the counter yeast treatments don't work, or only work for a few days, you may actually have a bacterial (not fungal) infection and you may need a prescription.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:29 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Wearing tight-fitting pants and pantyhose can also contribute to the problem. They make the environment better for yeast growth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:28 AM on Sep. 13, 2009