Why do women breastfeed when there is formula.

Formula has all the ingredients needed for a growing baby. You don't have worry about what you eat or what you put into your body. Why would you risk your baby not getting enough of what it needs. It has come a long way since it first came out. Its now better than breastmilk. I just don't understand why someone would CHOOSE to breastfeed when there is formula. In my opinion, breastfeeding sets women back. Why would you want to sit at home and have something sucking on your boobs all day? Women don't have to do that anymore. It's 2009 now. I'm not trying to be mean (really I'm not). I just don't understantd.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Sep. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• Wow.
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 1:14 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I really don't know what to say to this one. Have you been liiving under a rock?
    ashleyrenee24

Answer by ashleyrenee24 at 1:16 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• OH MY GOSH!!! HOW IGNORANT ARE YOU?????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• LOL YEAH ITS CAME A LONG WAY BUt (excuse the caps) it will NEVER be what breastfeeding is. i enjoy the time i spend with my daughter while breastfeeding. she isnt sucking on my boob all day long. and if she is i dont care shes my baby girl i love spending time with her. worry about what you put in your body? like what drugs and getting trashed? well a good mother wouldnt do those things in the first place. breastfeeding is best feeding.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:17 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• It is not better then breastmilk. Why would mom FF when she could breastfeed? she doesnt have to worry about what kind of bottle to buy, what kind of formula to buy, getting up in the middle of the night to mix and warm a bottle, packing bottles in the baby bag. etc etc.

...in any case i smell a TROLL
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:18 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Let's all say it together, shall we......T....R.....O.....L.....L.......what does that spell.......TROLL!
    Come off it.
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 1:18 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• omg- are you serious? breast milk is by far the best choice for a baby and if you, as you put it, do not want to be stuck having something sucking on your boob all day, then thats your choice, but to actually say that formula is better? you are looking for some bashing aren't you? wow... so so sad.. if you have to formula feed so be it but don't try and make bfing seem like a bad thing
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 1:19 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Choosing whether to breastfeed or formula feed your baby is one of the first decisions expectant parents will make. The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) joins other organizations such as the American Medical Association (AMA), the American Dietetic Association (ADA), and the World Health Organization (WHO) in recommending breastfeeding as the best for babies. Breastfeeding helps defend against infections, prevent allergies, and protect against a number of chronic conditions.

Breast is Best!

outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:20 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• MomNbabyGirl009 and outstandingLove i couldn't have said it better!!!
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 1:21 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I like breastfeeding. Its a bonding experience I would never be able to duplicate with a bottle. If you don't like it, thats fine. You don't have to. This is a free country.

Have a great day.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 1:21 AM on Sep. 13, 2009