Really weird question...

Okay, this feels really weird to admit but...Ever since I was little I have had a problem that, without thinking about it, I swallow my gum 9 out of 10 times I chew it. I never notice until the gum is already gone. Well, I've tried my best to not chew gum while pregnant because I know I do this. Today, however, I didn't think about it when offered some bubble gum from my friend. Okay, so about an hour later I swallowed it without thinking. My question is, will this mess up anything with my pregnancy? I know, really weird right?? I've never thought about the health factor of swallowing gum prior to this...but now I'm worried all of a sudden. Anyone have any ideas??

WannabeMommy87

Asked by WannabeMommy87 at 1:39 AM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It should be okay. Gum doesn't digest so you'll just poop it out.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 1:42 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• nothing is going to change in your pregnancy
    gum has less stuff in it than cereal, unless its organic cereal so you should be fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Okay. That's what I thought, but I wasn't sure. Thanks for the clarification =)
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 1:51 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• You're fine. It won't hurt the baby. I would stay away from gum though, it causes gas and that can be very uncomfortable for you.
    meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 1:51 AM on Sep. 13, 2009