sahm: when is you most stressful time of the day and why??

For me is bedtime, all my patience is gone by nigth!!, I don't know what to do!! is when the kids are acting up too (hmmm, Iwonder why?, )

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Sep. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• either when daddy gets home or dinner time. b/c when daddy gets home he wants to relax but so do i and dd is all over him. or dinner b/c either my daughter looks at her plate and says she hates it (shes 3 1/2) or my son starts screaming for a bottle the second i sit down to eat. so normally i don't get to actually eat my dinner til after they are both asleep (he's 3 months)
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:47 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Definitely dinner time. Well during the time I am making dinner. My dh has rotating shifts and so half of the time he isn't home for dinner, so it is stressful, making dinner, making sure homework gets done and that our two todders are not killing each other.
    It is much easier when daddy is home so he takes care of the kids. I have figured out it is much easier to make meals ahead of time, when he is home and freeze them so there is limited work to do to get the food on the table. Just heat and eat.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:01 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• when Im making dinner. I have 3 kids so they are all over the place playing, fighting, etc while Im trying to cook.
    Mesha125

Answer by Mesha125 at 2:13 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I would say a tie between dinner time and when we get home from after school activities. Most days i have dinner ready and we eat before leaving but some days i am running behind and when you dont get h ome till 7 and then have to hurry up with dinner and make sure everyone gets baths and has school clothes and you are making sure everyone has lunch money and you checked the homework, then off to bed, it can get a little hairy at times.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:42 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• we do alot of stuff at home,so when i actually have to get us ready i feel the stress coming,sundays are the most stressful,gotta get up iron for the hubby,son and myself,i gotta make sure they are fed and my son looks super cute and walk out looking ok myself.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 2:43 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• If we're staying at home, I find that dinnertime is the most stressful time of the day. My son constantly wants to see what I am doing when I am cooking. Then he wants to "help" me stir and such. He is almost fifteen months old. So it's stressful handling hot things with a toddler screaming and trying to climb up me. Otherwise, trying to get him bathed, dressed, looking cute, and myself showered and ready, and getting things together for a day's out is stressful. We usually go out for the day several times a week, whether it's a day of errands or a day at relative's or friend's house. Just rushing around the house, getting us ready, and trying to get out on time is stressful!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:00 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• DINNER!!!! An d right when they get off of the bus. I feel like a broken record. Put your shoes away, wash hands, empty out your backpacks so I can see what's for homework, all while the 3 of them are trying to tell me about their day at the same time. And dinner's boiling over on the stove! LOL!!
    My3RaysofSun

Answer by My3RaysofSun at 8:28 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Dinner time.. seems to be the time my son is the grouchiest and acting up the worse because he knows i'm busy trying to cook. Bedtime is the easiest, even if he fights me I know soon enough I will have even just a moment of peace and quiet:)
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 10:59 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• For me its bath time/bed time. I don't know why, its not like the kids act up during that time, but I just feel very frazzled during that time sometimes.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 4:55 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• For me it's when the kids first get up. I've never been a morning person. Plus, I've had insomnia since I was a kid. So, I don't sleep much. If I fall asleep, it's usually not until 3am or later. The kids come down wanting breakfast anytime between 5:30 & 7.
    busygoddess

Answer by busygoddess at 12:09 AM on Sep. 14, 2009