does anyone know what i can give my baby for constipation?

i have a 4 month old baby girl and she is the worst constipated baby ever!! i have tried karo syrup, prune juice, baby juices, sapositories, sugar water and prune baby food. does anyone hve any advice? thanks.

sesesmommy09

Asked by sesesmommy09 at 1:59 AM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is she actually trying to poop, or has she just *not* pooped? My daughter can go two days without pooping, and then have a day where she poops three or four times. It's perfectly normal. Maybe she just doesn't have to poo?
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 2:07 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Here you go:
    http://www.webmd.com/parenting/baby/diapering-a-baby-9/baby-constipation
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 2:08 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Have you spoken with her Dr. about his issue? If not, I think you should. If you formula feed then it may be the iron in the formula keeping her constipated. My best advice is talk to her dr. ASAP! Good luck to you and your little one!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:11 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• What is her diet, and what are her symptoms?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:08 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• My son has really bad constipation He'll scream because it bothers him. So we gave him a suppository. they have them for kids with no medicine in them.and we just cut the tip of it off and held it there with in minutes he had gone. and was fine and happy. Also the hospital told us to take the thermometer and act like we were going to take his temp and wiggle it just a little to loosen everything up.

Aidensmommy628

Answer by Aidensmommy628 at 12:19 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• my babys diet is,,, she eats a 6oz bottle then for lunch she willeata full jar of baby food then a 3 or 4 oz of milk then again for dinner.
    sesesmommy09

Answer by sesesmommy09 at 3:27 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Hi. I know you are going to think that Im crazy, but try just a little bit of Milk of Magnesia. My little girl was always constipsted and I tried everything just like you did. I finally decided to try a little bit of Milk of Magnesia and by the next morning she was going.
    Bcoleman7882

Answer by Bcoleman7882 at 8:22 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• About baby constipation for your reference here: http://www.healthy-chinese-recipe.com/baby-constipation.html
    watersea

Answer by watersea at 10:03 PM on Sep. 13, 2009