Help! I feel as if I have devoted all my time to our son and my husband and I are a bit distant. I feel like just a mommy, all the time. I hope there is someone who understands me out there.

KARmomma

Asked by KARmomma at 2:06 AM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• thats why i told myself i would never make my kid my security blanket,its very unhealthy to make your kids your all as well as your hubby your all,you gotta make time for both.go to dineyland but also go out on dates alone,one time i had a family member try to make me feel like she was the better mom because where ever she is at her kids go,while that may sound great but she has no personal relationship with her hubby,thats not what i wanted for myself.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 2:38 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• It's healthier for kids to see a healthy relationship between the two of you than to be the center of your world all the time. You really need to make dates, to sit and talk, to spend time together where your child isn't the focus of your attention. Even if you have to go on a "date" at 2:00 on a Saturday afternoon, get someone to babysit for a few hours and go out with your husband.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:18 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• This is why I believe my marriage should never be put second to my kids. I love my kids, but when you devote all your time and energy into just them, your marriage gets neglected. Start focusing on your marriage. Leave the child with a sitter one night or so a month and go out on a date. Put the kid to bed a little early once a week and have a romantic dinner at home. Make an effort with your marriage and learn to balance taking care of your son AND your marriage.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 10:05 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Honey, I feel the same as you. You can PM me if you want to talk!
    EvaSerenity

Answer by EvaSerenity at 12:15 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Thank you!!!! I needed to hear that. thanks again!!!
    KARmomma

Answer by KARmomma at 12:56 AM on Sep. 14, 2009