HELP!!!!!

Im 17 years old, about 7 weeks pregnant with my first baby, my boyfriend left me when I told him I was pregnant, and honestly, Im scared to death. I have no idea how to deal with the stress or what to expect. Any advice would be amazing!

BabyMama241

Asked by BabyMama241 at 2:41 AM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Just continue to be positive, finish school and get a job! Save up as much as you can now...kids are expensive. Try and focus on bettering yourself for you and your baby. At this point you can waste your energy on a loser. Good luck.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 8:52 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• i havent had someone leave me because of pregnancy so i cant relate
    but
    as far as pregnancy your lucky if you dont have 2 months of morning or all day sickness and fatigue\ you will continue to have fatigue off and on your whole pregnancy and the ned of pregnancy sucks because ur excited for your new arrival yet every day starts feeling like a week and your uncomfortable

good things
    hearing the heart beat, seeing the sonograms, peace of mind when tests come back healthy, you find out the sex, you feel your baby kick, and of course, your baby in your arms after you give birth
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 4:11 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• As far as the boyfriend goes give him sometime he maybe an ass or maybe scared shitless. If you are considering abortion talk about it 1st make sure you know everything a lot of time there are serious emotional consequences. Having a child is hard but like all things the biggest challenges have the greatest rewards and NOTHING is more rewarding than motherhood!!! I wish you luck I am sure you will be just fine. Try to finish high school if you still attend and don’t get overwhelmed it is okay…more than okay it is amazing. CONGRADULATIONS
    Sarahedger

Answer by Sarahedger at 5:23 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I can't help you with the boyfirend issue, except to say that i am sorry to hear that. It is really his loss. I had a similar situation, but i am not 17yrs. old and i had met a wonderful man who i have been married to for 5yrs. now. I am also 7weeks pregnant. The best tool to have while pregnant is the book What To Expect When Your Expecting. It helped me through the pregnancy. It helped understand what was going on with my body. You can get it for a good price at discount book stores. They usually always have them. Good Luck and Congratulations.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:07 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Didn't the two of you discuss what you would do if you became pregnant before you had sex?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• You need to start planning. How will you complete your education? How will you pay for diapers, clothes, crib, etc. (freecycle, garage sales and second hand shops are great places to start). How will you support your baby and yourself?

Find out how to file for child support; this man may not want to be involved in his child’s life, but he is financially responsible.

Whether or not you are considering abortion, www.plannedparenthood.org has wonderful counselors; they can also provide you with resources for adoption or to help you plan a life as a single parent.

Good luck! You have some difficult decisions to make

Answer by rkoloms at 11:01 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I am sorry to hear about this, it sounds scary. BUT it doesn't have to be *that* bad... There are ways to get through, taking it day to day, one thing at a time. You will be okay, but you must stay strong.

Who do you live with, a parent? Do you have support through the pregnancy, labor, and after?

doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:16 PM on Sep. 13, 2009