WHY DO PEOPLE TELL TERRIBLE LIES, THAT HURTS AND IS NOT TRUE

SOMEONE TOLD ME ONCE THAT THE TRUTH SHALL STAND WHEN THE WORLDS ON FIRE!! IN THE MEAN TIME , I HAD A FAMILY MEMBER WHO TOLD A HORRIBLE LIE THAT COULD HAVE DESTROYED SOMEONE VERY CLOSE TO ME! I UNDERSTAND THAT GOD SAYS TO FORGIVE, BUT WHEN YOU FORGIVE ARE YOU NOT SUPPOSE TO FORGET ABOUT IT AS WELL, IAM STRUGGLING WITH THE FORGET PART!! DOES THIS MAKE ME NOT HAVE REALLY FORGIVEN THAT PERSON?

sweethonesty520

Asked by sweethonesty520 at 2:47 AM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• You can forgive without forgetting. I'm in a similar situation with my sister. She spread a lot of lies about me, tried to turn others against me, refused to respond to any of my messages. I just decided it's her problem. I don't know why she's doing this stuff but I've decided not to hold it against her. I'm not going to forget and it'll be a very long time before she regains my trust but if she wants to try and fix it I'm willing to work with her.

It's possible to not hold a grudge but still be cautious when someone treats you poorly/
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 9:28 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• It's hard to forget, i'll forgive just about anyone but i'll never forget. As long as your still not holding it against them and holding a grudge then forgiving will have to do because some things will not ever be forgotten
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 2:51 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Forgiveness isn't about the person that broke your trust, it's about you and being able to move on without holding onto anger and resentment.
    You don't ever have to forget, and often times we use other's behavior as a guide on how to treat them in return. When someone breaks my trust I become very reserved around them. I don't offer more information than is absolutely necessary.
    But when I hold onto the anger and resentment it seems to eat at me more than anyone else, and those feelings just seem to get in the way. If I can let go of that I can leave the whole thing behind, but I will always remember what someone did and will act accordingly around them.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:11 AM on Sep. 13, 2009