can you recommend a good book?

I have been wanting to read a good book (fiction), that does not have anything to do with witches, vampires, or magic? Any recommendations?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:51 AM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I just read my sisters keeper, which I personally thought was amazing, and now im reading "handle with care" which is by the same author. Thus far I really like it.
    emmas_mama07

Answer by emmas_mama07 at 2:51 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• i love the diary of anne frank
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 2:52 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• The Guardian's Mission a Steeple Hill book ****
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:10 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• The Secret Life of Bees is one of my favorites. I Capture the Castle is a romance set in the 40s that is very well written. I absolutely love books and will read anything, so I can come up with a million suggestions if you can tell me what genre you are most interested in.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 3:53 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• The Shack.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:20 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Good In Bed by Jennifer Weiner. You'll laugh and cry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• All the classics of yesteryears are always good ones to go back and read.

I love The Diary of Anne Frank, too, per BUSYLOVINGHIM's suggestion.

You can't go wrong with Little Women, Great Expectations, Alice in Wonderland, all of Corrie ten Boom's books, and I'm forever picking up romance novels from thrift stores. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:30 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• If you haven't read The Women's Murder Club series by James Patterson, you should try those. I think they're awesome!!
    JaimeLynP

Answer by JaimeLynP at 11:46 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Anything by Jennifer Weiner is good, she is funny an intelligent. I also enjoy Sophie Kinsella, the "Shopaholic" series, they are light and fluffy and a fast read. Dan Brown is amazing, "Angels and Demons" was a fantastic book.
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 3:06 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Anything by Jodi Picoult is awesome, like "My sister's Keeper" and "the 10th circle"--I just finished those not that long ago
    In my book club we're reading "Reading Lolita in Tehran" by Azar Nafisi, after we read "Lolita" by Nabokov, and since "reading Lolita" ends w/ Jane Austen, I'll read Emma by her next and then Mansfield Park if I have time before the next meeting.
    I read a lot of Nora Roberts, James Patterson, Dan Brown and Sandra Brown, and also I like Nicolas Sparks, of course.
    If you ever need a suggestion, or a synopsis of a book that you think I may have read, you can send me a message.
    Happy reading!!!
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 3:54 PM on Sep. 13, 2009