what odd momentos or things from your life did/do you save for your kids?

i've asked before got NO answers, and i'm bored again so lets give it a try. what things have you saved that others would think weird?
i've got newspapers from all major events for the past 8 yrs (9/11, sadam, obama, hurricane katrina-was preg w/my first then). i have 5 $2 bills for both of my kids, as well as 50 cent pieces and $1 coins. and the one i find most odd (this was from hubby's side of the family!) their umbilical cord stumps. so lets hear it...

vabchmommy

Asked by vabchmommy at 2:56 AM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have some band t-shirts and my yearbooks for my kiddos to look at and thru and think "wow mommy was in HS once, too"...it was one of my favorite things to do in early jr. high days, go thru my mom's hope chest, which I received when my dd was born. I'll add her outfit that she came home in from the hospital, our wrist bands from NICU, and pictures of course, so many pictures that I'm not sure I can tell you how many. I have her hair from the first cut. And then I'll keep her first tooth for her. I prob wont save all of them. Mom never saved mine for me. lol Does anyone ever bronze baby shoes anymore?? I remember my pastor had his first pair of shoes bronzed on his desk. I always thought that would be awesome!

dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 3:46 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I didn't save my son's umbelica cord because every time I see one in someone's baby book it's just like, "Ewww, gross!" LOL But I did save his hair from his first haircut. I've saved a lot of his things like his first pair of shoes ect. Nothing really weird though.
    ronisaurus

Answer by ronisaurus at 3:00 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• i saved all my preemie's clothes,i have the number to his room written on a paper from the nicu,i have a bottle he did not use that is so tiny ,i have the nipple as well a tiny diaper they gave me to scrapbook.i have the first flower he gave me on my dresser and i kept all his cards from all his baby showers and bdays,i have a journal for him of my pregnancy and before telling him how much we wanted him.he has toys that were his dads,i have the first jar of baby food he ate in my kitchen cabinet,i have so much stuff but it doesnt take much room and yes the hair from his first hair cut,along with the 7 billionthings i have scrapbooked of that DARN boy
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 3:09 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• i saved my son's hair in his first hair cut, and ok, the fingernails when it was first cut as well. ;) the doctor threw the umbilical cord and i forgot to ask to save it. all his baby clothes, jewelries and shoes. plus, the scrapbook with all pics of his every waking moment. ;0
    angel_caramel

Answer by angel_caramel at 4:13 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I've saved my daughter's umbilical stumps and all their baby teeth when they fell out. I have hair from their first haircuts. When my second-born daughter had her waist-length hair cut up to below her shoulder blades I plaited it and tied it off at the top and the bottom. When it was cut off I saved it. I saved the outfit they came home from the hospital in and several other baby clothing favorites for them to cherish. I saved the decorations off our front door that greeted us when we came home from the hospital. I have receipts on the day they were born for various things. They each have coins with their birth years on them. Jewelry made for babies, momento plates, first photos taken in the hospital, anything and everything I could think of!
    I've been doing the same with my granddaughter, whom I am raising. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:25 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Odd? I don't really think I saved anything odd-Oh, wait. I have some of my dd's teeth. I think that is about the only odd thing. I would not save the umbilical cord. That is gross. My step mom saved my half sisters and I was puked out!
    I have things in an ceder chest that I've saved. Some nice dresses and cute baby clothes. Thats about it.
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 12:51 PM on Sep. 13, 2009