How do I help her sleep better?

My dd is getting her one year molars and is having a very hard time:( I have been giving her infant tylenol/motrin which has worked just fine for all of her other teething bouts, but apparently this time it just isn't enough.She has been sleeping through the night since before she was three months old and all of the sudden she wakes up screaming every 2 hours or so. Is there something else I can give her/do for her to ease her pain and help her sleep. She is sooo tired:(

Sophia_L

Asked by Sophia_L at 5:57 AM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Talk to your doctor about switching her to children's Motrin rather than infant Motrin. You may not be giving her enough medicine to help her. Your doc should be able to help you with the dose. Stick with Motrin at night rather than Tylenol because it tends to be more effective with teething and it lasts longer.

My DD switched to children's motrin based on weight - not age and well before her first b-day. Doc said it was the same stuff, but more diluted in the infant's type. He also said that I could give it to her every 6 hours instead of every 8. Check with your doc though since every child is different.
    Drewlove

Answer by Drewlove at 6:56 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Hang in there. She must be in absolute agony the poor little dove... Have you tried letting her chew on a damp (cold) face washer. This may help her gums. Otherwise just keep doing what you are doing. Hope they come through soon. Does she sleep better next to you maybe?
    mummylovebaby

Answer by mummylovebaby at 7:12 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Have you tryed turning music on while she sleeps.
    Tdaycare6678

Answer by Tdaycare6678 at 9:21 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• teething tablet worked wounders for us.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 1:51 PM on Sep. 13, 2009