symtpms of swine flu?

It is probably nothing, but with all this talk about the swine flu it scares me so I was wanting to know the symptoms? I have a sore throat, chest hurts, ears hurt, cough, and my nose is starting to get stuffed up so it is probably nothing but a cold. Oh and no fever, but I was wanting to know on the safe side of the symptoms thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:02 AM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Health

• It sounds like you have a cold, just like the one that seems to be going around my preschool. The Swine Flu has a low grade fever, body aches, sore throat, coughing/chest congestion and rarely vomiting and diarreah. CALL your doctor and give them the symptoms. They will tell you if you need to be tested or not.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:09 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I heard that you will not know if you have the flu or the swine flu unless you get tested for it.

Answer by louise2 at 8:07 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• The H1N1 flu virus is "the same" type as regular flu: generally fever, but not 100% of the time, cough, body aches, tired, and possibly headache, sore throat, on and on. The first answer is correct, you won't know you have "it" H1N1 or regular flu unless you are tested. And most people should not bother getting tested, just rest, drink fluids, get sleep, etc.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 8:26 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• My daughter had H1N1 in May. It was the flu!! 3 days of fever (the highest was 102.5), a few more of cough and congestion, one really gross bloody nose.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:22 AM on Sep. 13, 2009