should i ttc or not

wow its been 12 months since my 14 month old and I have saw her dad (Iraq on deployment). He wants another child to complete our family my head is out of controle on thinking about if i do or dont I think back to what a crap pregnacy I had the first time and dont but then I think maybe it is best for kaite. Im torn we can afford and support another...but and i being selfish if i tell my husband no because i hate being pregnant and had a short but painful labor and dont want to do it again. What's do you think go ahead bash me or whatever just looking for advice

dewey_scoles

Asked by dewey_scoles at 8:12 AM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I think you should consider it and talk to your husband about it. And just remember every pregnancy is different the next one may be no problem at all. And I try to tell myself all the time labor will only last a little while and then it will be over. GOOD LUCK but dont just shut out the idea yet atleast talk to your husband
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I don't want to bash you at all. I think you have to consider it carefully, talk it over with your husband and reach a mutual decision. "They" think women forget the pain of labor, but we don't. The first answer is correct, though, each one is different. I was only able to have one child, so I can't help much. Hopefully someone who felt like you will give us answers here. Good luck with your decision.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 8:56 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I have had 3 kids and each pregnancy was so different including how they came out. My first I was in labor for 20 hours before they decieded a c-section was needed also they broke my water for that one. My second I didn't gain much wieght at all, she came 3 weeks early, She WAS going to be a planned c-section, but my water broke so it was more of a let's have this baby today (no emergency), My third was horrid because of the dr I had. I tried to tell him that I felt like something was wrong, but he wouldn't listen to me, my water broke at 30 weeks! I stayed in the hospital for 2 weeks, had braxton hicks that hurt like crazy and the stupid nurse that was supposed to help me left me in pain for a few hours and didn't do her job right (come to find out she was new, but she wasn't my nurse again). The morning nurse finally figured it out and gave me something for it. And finally they tried so hard to stop my horribly labor,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• But couldn't, and the dr came to see me and said he'd come check on me later. I made him come back in. I already had 2 c-sections, so having contractions could have proved to be a problem in and of itself. I was told when I had my second that if I would have tried VBAC that she would have to sit with me in labor to make sure I didn't rupture my old scar. And I don't think he did my TL right.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I think that maybe you need a little more time. It has to be very hard having your husband gone and doing it all on your own. Just because you are financially able, doesn't mean you are emotionally ready. Your daughter is only 14 months old, so you really don't have to be in a huge rush. My sister and I are 3.5 yrs apart and are very close. I had an very bad pregnancy and it took me a good year before I was ready to start thinking about another. Now we are ttc and I am mentally prepared to go through another rough one if need be. How long will your hubby be in Iraq? I am sure it would be easier to go through the experience if he were home with you, if that is possible. Tell him how you feel, and together you will figure it out. I think that when you are ready you won't mind going through another pregnancy, but there is no law that says you have to have more than 1 child so just love & enjoy your daughter & relax!
    happymama2D

Answer by happymama2D at 12:57 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• i tmay be something you need to think about longer before making a decision. i cant imagine being a single mom for a year, then having another baby right after dh got home. that would be a lot to take.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 8:54 PM on Sep. 13, 2009