how can i make my hair thickerr??iam loosing so much from my hair

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Your body goes though stages, there is nothing you can to topically to make you hair thicker. There are lots of products you can use to make you hair feel thicker, Did you just have a baby? How much hair are you losing per day, more that 50-100 strands is cause for concern. Are you under stress? How old are you? There is such a thing as femalie pattern baldness that can be curtailed if caught early enough. I can help more if I know some more facts, I am a professional product educator and hairstylist. Good luck.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:18 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Hair loss in women is hormonal most of the time. (unless you have female baldness in your family)..... Have your thyroid checked - and make sure they tell you the number - your personal number can be in the "normal range" and still be too low for you - That's what happened to me. I literally had male pattern baldness starting - Normal is 0.7 to 2.0 - mine was at 0.78 ----- that's the bottom of normal - and my doctor told me that all women have a different level that's proprietary to them. He said for himself personally - if his thyroid was as low as mine he'd feel just the same as I was feeling. Introducing thyroid into my system stopped a LOT of the hair loss and I began regrowing hair in those really weak spots. My hair hadn't grown past my shoulders in 3 years of not cutting it - in 6 months of getting on medicine - it grew 4 inches. Otherwise try Mane &Tail shampoo & cond. it'll thicken up the stands.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 9:20 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• i have 2 kids,i was anemic am taking (vitamins and iron ),and iam 27 ,, i loose about a 100 hair aday but i did dye and do high lights
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Oh the anemia could have something to do with it, you should get your blood work done, you might have a thyroid problem! There is a difference between hair breakage and losing your hair, does the hair have a little bulb at the end? Did you have your hair dyed professionally? If you have been doing it at home, sometimes you overlay the color where it has already been, and that will break you hair off like crazy!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:34 AM on Sep. 13, 2009