Should I Take This As A Serious Warning?

DH picked a petty fight with me yesterday over him falling asleep on the couch. I asked him to try and come to bed so that I don't have to wake him up in the middle of the night because then I can't fall back asleep. He called me about an hour later screaming about it and told me "it makes me want to punch you in the face." I'm so disturbed over this comment because I feel like if he said it, he's thought about it. Should I be so concerned or was it said out of anger? Please help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• I'd be concerned about that. Be careful.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Leave his arse on the couch and enjoy the bed all to yourself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Yes, It's time to be concerned!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• First of all, why should you have to wake him if he falls asleep on the couch, that's his fault. Secondly, him threatening to punch you in the face should be a warning that he will probably become violent. Him making that threat over something so small would make me concerned and I would tell him that if he ever touches me, I will report him. He sounds very controlling and mean.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 9:39 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I can't stand my hubby falling asleep on the couch either, he looks very uncomfortable and with our toddlers running around the living and climbing all over him, he doesn't get a very good nap. However, he is grateful that I care enough about him to get him to go to the bed, even if it irritates him when I'm waking him up to get him to go to bed. When he wakes up he's always like "thanks babe, that was a good nap". If he said that I make him want to punch me in the face I'd probaly freak out on his ass. And yes I think there is reason to be concerned. You pretty much answered your own question on this one dear, if he said it, he's thought about it. However, I'm sure most of us have someone in our lives who has irritated us to the point where we wanted to punch the crap out of them but not actually done it so maybe he was just venting. Regardless, it was a rude and hateful thing to say to you and it needs addressing.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 9:42 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• It isn't for a nap. He falls on the asleep on the couch every night at bed time. If I don't wake him, he complains about it for a week. Needless to say, I'm never waking him up again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I would be concerned, but one thing I am confused about, he called you, like way after it happened? Did he not seem angry when he came to bed, he went to sleep and then went to work or whatever and then called you? That seems super passive aggressive, and you should be maybe asking if he is willing to go to some counseling! My DH and I have had some dooozy fights, but he has never once threatened me. Good luck.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:48 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• OHHHHHHHHHHHH, I see. So he complains when you don't get him up and then wants to punch you in the face when you do wake him up. He sounds like a real charmer. I wouldn't wake his butt up again either.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 9:49 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Yeah I would be concern! Even I felt scared just reading the words" it makes me feel like punching you in your face". Tell him how that made you feel and maybe he wont talk to you like that again. Please watch out for more signs of anger and verbal abuse because verbal abuse is the beginning signs of physical abuse. Once you let a man verbal abuse you he will always talk to you like that so nip this in the bud right now!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Is he 5?! wth? if wants to sleep in the bed then he should get up on his own.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 11:28 AM on Sep. 13, 2009