Did anyone else's hair complely change after having a baby?

Before baby, my hair was board strait.....I didnt have to work that hard for it to be smooth, strait and silky.

After baby my hair is just as curly as can be. I wash it, put in some curling product and scrunch and it looks like I have a spiral perm. Its also a lot courser.

I LOVE IT! lol

But why such a dramatic change? Anyone else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Yes, I've seen that happen to a couple of other people with dark hair, they actually hate it.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 9:57 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• when your pregnant your hair stops shedding, then after the baby your hair will start to shed again (a lot for some people) I'm not sure why it would be curly, maybe because you have all that extra hair?
    HaydensMama42

Answer by HaydensMama42 at 9:59 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• My hair changed with each of my pregnancies. Mine got redder and curlier each time. My sister's hair also red, turned more brown with each pregnancy.
    I love the changes to my hair from pregnancies. My sister however does not :(
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:01 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• no, but i do wear a larger size shoe..i'm into 7 now, where i've worn 6-6 1/2 since high school.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:51 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Nope....it was a little more dry and frizzy...but I just changed conditioners and it went right back to normal!
    While I was pregnant it was so curly! I LOVED it.
    anxiousschk

Answer by anxiousschk at 12:15 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Mine done the opposite. I have natural curly hair and use to wear it curly half the time, I wouls also straighten it. After I had my DD almost 4 years ago, it doesn't want to curl as good. I hate trying to wear it curly because it looks awful.
    saysmom

Answer by saysmom at 2:02 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• before I had my son my hair was long ,thick , and curly. After I ahd him it thinned out a lot and straightened out, I had to end up cutting it short also because it got so thin. I miss my long thick hair..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• My hair changed while I was pregnant, I had pale gold blonde hair but it gradually changed to a dark ash blonde with gold blonde tips. It sucks because since my roots are so much darker people assume I dye it, which I don't, it just grows out ash and gradually lightens at the ends. Weird.
    EODMommy

Answer by EODMommy at 3:24 PM on Oct. 5, 2009