Do you mow your own lawn, or do you have a service?

And if you do mow your own lawn, do you do it because you have to or because you like to?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Home & Garden

• We have a 2 acre lot and I usually mow it. My husband and I actually LOVE to garden--I have a number of flower beds and cutting gardens and hubby maintains a large vegetable garden. But between our house, fence, flower beds, vegetable garden, landscaping, shed, pool, deck and patio areas, kids swingset/fort, etc., it's really not that much property to mow--we do not have a riding mower just a good push mower.

As long as we can physically do the "grunt" work, we will. When we get too old, either our boys will pick up the slack or we'll hire a service. :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:10 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• My fiance mows the lawn, he enjoys it. Why pay money for someone to cut your grass unless you have acres.
    HaydensMama42

Answer by HaydensMama42 at 10:00 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• our 'service' is a neighbor's 12yo grandson..he hops on a mower (purchased by gm/gp-they get their acreage mown for free, paybacks), and his daddy who comes to supervise/edge the lawns--$25/per mow.(my husband loves to mow, so he mows the back himself, when he has time.)
    we do this because it was a good opportunity, and cheap. besides, we have a push-mower, and it took forever to do our entire property..but because my dh wanted to mow the life out of that lawnmower, he refused to buy a riding-mower.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 10:11 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• my husband has always done all of our yard work.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 10:21 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• My Husband mows yards on his off days for a few people. The days that he mows yards for those people we have two riding lawn mowers, so he mows the front of our yard while I mow the back. We only have 1/2 an acre but we have so much stuff to mow around it takes a while.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 11:08 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I just got finished with the lawn. DH usually does it, but he has been traveling for work and this weekend for leisure so it's been my job for the last few weeks. I like it usually, but it's been raining a lot here and the lawn is just soggy. I would have waited, but there is just no time during the week. I like mowing most of the time, but I admittedly am not the best when it comes to weed eating / edging / blowing. But since he wasn't here to do it, it's good enough.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:20 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• We have a company come. I use to do it and enjoyed it. Since I have had a baby I just can't it takes me 2-3 hours to mow and weed eat. I don't have time. Dh hates to mow.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• My 17yo mows our yard and has since he was 11. He loves doing yard work.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 12:36 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• we mow...but I would like to have a service come to do it once in a while so my DH has a model of what to maintain. He's not very asthetically inclined.
    boomamma

Answer by boomamma at 1:01 PM on Sep. 13, 2009