Dinner?

Im looking for a good recipie to make my family for dinner tonite. I have to feed 6 and we all enjoy good food. Any ideas?

blondiemaker07

Asked by blondiemaker07 at 9:58 AM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Honey chicken :) Boil water for pasta, put honey in a bowl, put bread crumbs in another bowl. Cut chicken into bite size pieces. dip chicken in honey then bread crumbs, put them in the pan and let them cook 8-10 mins (or until juices run pink). we add olive oil and a little bit of butter in the pan as well as chopped finely garlic, parsley, and a dash of lemon. It is delicious!!

We always make this pasta dish with peas and garlic bread!

HaydensMama42

Answer by HaydensMama42 at 10:03 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• We are having lentil sloppy joes: Snobby Joes (from Veganomicon)
    1 cup uncooked lentils
    4 cups water
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1 medium yellow onion, diced small
    1 green pepper, diced small
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1 - 3 Tablespoons chili powder
    2 teaspoons oregano
    1 teaspoon salt
    8 oz can tomato sauce
    1/4 cup tomato paste
    3 tablespoons maple syrup
    1 tablespoon yellow mustard (wet mustard)
    4 to 6 whole wheat buns
    Put the lentils in a small sauce pot and pour in 4 cups water. cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling, lower heat and simmer for about 20 minutes, until lentils are soft. Drain and set aside. About 10 minutes before the lentils are done boiling, preheat a medium soup pot over medium heat. Saute the onion and pepper in the oil for about 7 minutes, until softened. Add the garlic and saute a minute more.

cont.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:16 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Add the cooked lentils, the chili powder, oregano and salt and mix. Add the tomato sauce and tomato paste. Cook for about 10 minutes. Add the maple syrup and mustard and heat through. Turn the heat off and let sit for about 10 minutes, so that the flavors can meld, or go ahead and eat immediately if you can't wait.

• Gumbo! Chicken and andouille (sausage) or a seafood gumbo is always a hit at my house. It does take all day to prepare but it is so worth it. If you are interested in my recipe then PM me and I will gladly attempt to write it up for you. We are having shrimp, crawfish and clam gumbo today. It feeds a ton of people for at least 2 days.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 1:37 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• rklooms-yay I was about to message you for this recipe.We are from the south do you think this would be good over homemade cornbread?
    drfink

Answer by drfink at 4:53 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• We are having seasme chicken and my 13 yr old son is going to make it by himself. I do have a backup just in case. This is his first time cooking dinner (other than scrambled eggs, mac and cheese, etc.)

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:27 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• take pix before ,during and after.How fun.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 5:33 PM on Sep. 13, 2009