Still think there weren't that many protestors in DC yesterday?

This interactive crowd estimation graph provided by USA Today shows the estimated number in attendance during past presidential inaugurations, and serves to nicely illustrate the estimated number in attendance at yesterday's Washington, DC T.E.A. Party protest, using the same landmark/reference points.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2009-01-19-crowd_N.htm

Video time lapse of crowd:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoPud1TeubM

Funny thing is, liberals have always touted a reputation as being the "non-conformists" in society, but NOW, with liberals controlling academia, congress and the presidency it's the liberals that have become the conformist sheep, and it is the conservatives (not necessarily Republicans) that are the "counter culture."

LoriKeet

Asked by LoriKeet at 11:06 AM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• The libs never even looked to see how may were there because they don't care. They just mimic the msm and what they hear on TV. All they want is to be better, be cooler, be more right than a conservative. Any day any time, whatever it takes.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:39 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Tea Party Protesters 'Functionally Retarded Adults'; Says 'I Want My Country Back' Code for 'I Want My White Guy Back'
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I think that is awesome....I really wish that I could have been there :)

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 11:11 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Yes, Lori, it's true, we NEVER get called racist around here. *rolls eyes
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:12 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I was there were you? The crowd went from the White House to the Capital - the entire length of Pennsylvannia Ave. The crowd then fanned out around the Capital, down the side streets and from the Capitol steps to the Washington Monument which is 1 mile. You can try to "conspiracy theory" this all you want. The crowd was enormous, and my husband and I are proud to be counted at 2 of those. I don't need to trust a usatoday website to tell me what I saw first hand. The NY Times said about 500 people showed up. ABC said about 1,000. There were 1,000 people in line with me for a turn at a port-a-potty!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:12 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• LoriKeet: I misread your opening sentence. I wasn't able to connect to the usatoday page initially. I see what you were saying. Still, I was there. I saw the people all the way back to the Washington Monument and standing around it. Thanks for the link and sorry for being short.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:19 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Protesting is a good thing. Maybe some of you got off your butts for a change. Walking is a great exercise shed a few of those pounds.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Thanks Lori, dh couldn't get off work so we couldn't go. We share one car. So I wrote more snail mail. I actually liked the video below it more, where it shows the protesters and they are chanting USA USA USA! Made me get a little teary.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:24 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• From living in DC and going to the Mall for various activities and celebrations I always take the number they give and subtract 25%. It always seems like a few months after an event there was a tiny article in the Washington Post indicating the count was off by 20-30%. STILL, the actual numbers do not matter, it is the thought behind the demonstrators that deserves the attention regardless of what side we are on, it is important to understand both sides.
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 11:32 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Okay, so by posting this on Cafemom, you are looking so intelligent. If you want to make a difference in the world, get off your butt, go get a job and make a different. This is meaningless crap.... You are not making one thing productive. So, you can type.. WHO HOO>
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 PM on Sep. 13, 2009