my 4 month old seems like shes always annoyed....

my 4 month seems like shes always annoyed. She wants to be held 24/7. No matter what i do she whines and starts to cry if im not holding her. Ive tried laying her on the floor. laying her on the floor with a toy hanging above her. Ive tried a swing and bouncer, a bumbo chair.... any advice? MY ARMS ARE KILLING ME!

scarlettsmom09

Asked by scarlettsmom09 at 11:37 AM on Sep. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• At 4 months old they like the closeness of being held, she may not be feeling well or something else may be off. Just hold & cuddle her as much as you can.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 11:43 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• while as mommies we don't want our babies to fuss, you're not doing her any favors by picking her up each time she makes a noise. babies need to make noise. if she knows that she'll have to soothe herself, she'll learn to have a little floor time. try laying her on a blanket with a toy above her, and walk away. no tv, just a little quiet music and your voice. talk to her from a distance, where she can't see you, she just hears you. stay away for 1 minute, then come back. reassure her that you're still there. go to her level, on the floor, but don't pick her up. play for a few minutes with her, then get up and move away again, just for one minute, then come back. repeat this and lengthen the time away, two minutes, three. reassure her with your voice when away, tickles and smiles when back. sing to her. good luck!
    vickiathome

Answer by vickiathome at 11:48 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• have you tried a sling?
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 11:50 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I agree with the sling thing, it will give her the comfort she needs and won't hurt your arms

Answer by admckenzie at 12:21 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I agree with the sling. It will save your arms and gives your daughter the reassurance of you being there. She is only 4 months old and everything is still so new to her. I promise she will grow out of this and it gets easier as they try to do more things, like crawl, walk and talk. The more they try to do the less they want to be held. I bet by 8 months you will be wishing she would let you hold her more. LOL
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 5:31 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• momjs

Answer by momjs at 5:43 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Try a vacuum,I don't know what it is  about a vacuum that quiets a baby,my grandson holler so much,we had to take turns holding him,the doctor is the one that told us about the vacuum,about the sling,this works very well,and at the same time,you can do your chores,if, you don't have the money for a sling,make your own,or use a queen size sheet,put the baby in the middle,and then tie the sheet over you,or around you.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:12 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• The vacuum might scair her.. i would try it.. also put in a soft cd for babies! ohhh I know you know that thing that raps around you and buckels in the back.. woolaa use that, now you have free hands you can vacuum and even relax now... good work momz!
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 8:30 PM on Sep. 13, 2009