boy and cub scouts?

isnt there a memebers fee? i looked at our local site for scouts and didnt have any info on that...

and what are some things they do in scouts? im thinking about putting my oldest in but not sure yet....

bonnie-jo

Asked by bonnie-jo at 11:41 AM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Each pack/troop sets their own rate. It was around $40/year when my son was in (about 10 years ago). I loved it, my son thought it was stupid. I met great parents, there is plenty of parent involvement.
    With the littlest kids, the Tiger Cubs, they do things twice a month, usually one craft/ eat/ party/ meeting thing and one field trip. The regular Cub Scouts do annual things like the Pinewood Derby (they make their own wooden car to race on a track), they have the Blue and Gold Feast, celebrating the anniversary of Cub Scouts, they earn the badges: wood working, health and safety, camping, cooking. They learn a lot of self-help stuff. I am trying to figure out where to volunteer to stay involved because I loved it so much and my son is now grown.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 11:46 AM on Sep. 13, 2009