DD's request for her birthday

My husband is in Iraq. She has requested a monkey (she loves monkeys) in a uniform like daddy wears! I have old uniforms he doesn't wear anymore since he just got new ones when he deployed. I just can't sew! I don't even know where to get a pattern to pay someone to do this. I have thought about taking it to a seamstress, but again, I don't have a pattern. Any ideas or anything will be appreciated. This is all she has asked for, and coming from an almost 7 year old, that's definitely something. I really want to be able to give this to her!!

usafwife314

Asked by usafwife314 at 11:44 AM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• A good seamstress could probably do it without a pattern. I did look around and the only thing premade I could find that was close was this: http://store.bigplush.com/storefrontprofiles/DeluxeSFItemDetail.aspx?sid=1&sfid=114670&c=171404&i=243653615
    mummy22kids

Answer by mummy22kids at 11:50 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• What about trying Build-a-Bear? I pretty sure they have monkeys and I know they have military uniforms. Other than that, check e-bay. E-bay has everything. :) Look up "military outfits for dolls, stuffed animals, etc" and I'll bet you can find what you're looking for. If you can't find exactly what you're looking for, I'll bet you can find the pattern on e-bay! Good luck.
    amy5272

Answer by amy5272 at 11:53 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• check out build a bear if you have one near you...they might have a mini camo outfit...or check thier website...another website would be vermont teddy bear...hopefully that helps!
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 11:55 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• they do have monkeys and uniforms for all branches of the military @ build a bear, my dd just went there last week
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:43 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• They dont have it all listed online, I may have to go up there and see.

Thank you!
    usafwife314

Answer by usafwife314 at 2:05 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Build a Bear has monkey's and military uniforms for all the branches. Take her, that would be so much fun and you can take pics and send them to daddy!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:57 PM on Sep. 13, 2009