I want to throw a Fall themed 1st Birthday Party for my daughter. Any suggestions?

kallismom08

Asked by kallismom08 at 11:45 AM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• LOL...awww gotta love the Anons!! geez. Ok. I do agree on the keeping it simple. And there is no reason you cant have it at home but keep a fun (cheap) fall theme.. Check out THIS site

http://familyfun.go.com/arts-and-crafts/season/specialfeature/famf0802_sf_autumn/famf0802_sf_autumn.html

That is a link straight to some fun and simple arts and craft. And a candy Apple idea that would be cute.  you could make cupcakes that LOOK like candy apples!  Buy a fall tablecloth that you can use AFTER the part and the dollar tree sells fake leaves to use as deco. Hope that helps.  Dont let the anons get you down!  ESPECIALLY if this is your first baby..enjoy EVERY min...my girls are 8 & 9 and it goes REALLY fast!!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 3:06 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Yes, save your money for more important things in life and have a small birthday party with only immediate family. This is pointless... you need to save money these days...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• pumkins,corn stalks,
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 1:36 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• the kid is one for goodness sakes. not like it will be remembered. just have a picture taken outside by a tree showing the leaves changing. there is a recession going on. not the time to spend money unwisely.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:45 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I agree, don't listen to the anons! My son just turned 1 on Friday, and we are having a family party next weekend. For a Fall theme, make your invites out of brown and orange construction paper, leaf shaped. Dollar store has cute tablecloths and fake leaves, mini pumpkins and apples could be used as decorations. Fill bowls and tall round vases with bright red apples, it looks so pretty. Go outside your home and gather twigs and acorns to decorate the tables, those and a few tealights will be beautiful. To cut on cost, have the party start at 2 or 3 p.m., therefore you don't need to serve lunch or dinner, only snacks and cake. Cupcakes are cheaper than a large cake, order them to be frosted in fall colors and top each one with a couple of candy corns or mini pumpkin candies. Good luck!
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 3:31 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• themes are all sort a part of bday parties!! while at one no matter how your finances are, you should keep it simple. i've heard of 1 yo parties where the child was overwhelmed and stuff cause they didn't know what to expect and it's so different. so anyway, for fall themes, i think a great game if there are older kiddos there to paint like a tree and tape leaves on it like a pin the tail on the donkey. it'd be a home project, so cheap. you could make the cake in the shape of a candy corn or something. another idea would be to paint little pumpkins :)
    good luck w/ your party!
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 4:31 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Thankyou for all of your ideas. I was going in the same direction. Just wasn't sure if I needed to stick to a pink girley theme!!! I am going to keep it simple by using the crockpots for hot stew and soup and serve salad and warm bread along with apple cider. The cake will be cupcakes in the shape of a pumpkin cause we call the baby our lil' pumpkin. Older kids will be encouraged to wear costumes that arenot scarey and I will give out carmel apples. Kids can decorate mini pumpkins and bob for apples! Should be a great time as long as the weather in upstate NY holds up:)
    kallismom08

Answer by kallismom08 at 7:08 PM on Sep. 13, 2009