Before i call the doctor tomorrow can anyone help me out? My two week old gags often, is sneezing more often then normal, has no sleeping pattern, doesn't cry much AT ALL, and didn't poop yesterday.

He was born on the first. He's my second baby but my first didnt do or have ANYTHING like this. he cried often, pooped at least twice a day, woke up every two to three hours to eat but never went more than 5 hrs in between feedings, never gagged once. i dont know whats wrong and the boys' dad is getting scared. he says he thinks ds isn't breathing right but it sounds fine to me. any ideas? i tried to breastfeed and it went ok for the first few days but i switched to formula because he stopped latching on but thats the same thing my first did also. help?

mommykayti

Asked by mommykayti at 11:55 AM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Babies don't need to poop every day. Formula fed babies tend to go longer between poops than breastfed babies because formula has more iron than breastmilk. I also think the other things (gagging, no sleep pattern, not crying a lot) don't sound unusual to me. Every child is different, it's just hard to tell because he is so different from your first. My kdis were like that too. My 2nd was the complete opposite of my 1st so I felt like I was learning everything all over again. I think they do that to drive their parents crazy! :)
    mummy22kids

Answer by mummy22kids at 12:01 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I think it sounds pretty normal and typical myself, but if you feel that calling the doctor would help to ease your nerves, by all means, call them. It's always better to follow your instincts as a mother, and peace of mind is a wonderful thing to have. Sometimes a little reassurance goes a long way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Wow i really thought he was on the verge of having some crazy disease or something. i had no idea gagging was normal. i guess he is just trying to drive me to the looney bin! thanks ladies. i think i'll hold off on calling the doctor. if he gets more symptoms maybe i will but you guys seem very confident that this is all normal! :)
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 12:16 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• he sounds just like my 1month old
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:40 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• If he's sneezing AND gagging it's possible the mucous from his nose is running down his throat (think of when you have a sinus infection or something and the stuff drains down your throat.. same thing except he doesn't know what to do so he gags). My son still gags really bad and he's 4 years old, he just has a strong gag reflux. If he was having trouble breathing you'd be able to notice. As for the sleeping pattern most babies don't develop actual sleeping patterns until they are 5,6 sometimes 7 months old. As for the poop, don't worry about it they are humans and not all humans poop every day.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 1:43 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• it actually sounds really normal.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:22 PM on Sep. 13, 2009