repeated etopic preg...

alrigh this is for my friend not me...last year she got preg and at 10 weeks she was told it was etopic and had to have it surgically removed...just a couple weeks ago she found out she was preg again...this one to turned out to be a etopic to except this time the dr gave her a shot to abort the baby..we as in me and her and hubbies dont inderstand y she is having repeated etopic preg...is there anything she can do? shes really depressed she wants to be a mom so bad and she be good at it..is there testes her dr should be running?

rainmommy

Asked by rainmommy at 11:55 AM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I've not had the difficulties you friend has, I'm sorry. There use to be an infertility/pregnancy loss group called Resolve on the internet. Maybe google that in addition to help anyone in CafeMom can give you. The Resolve group by that name was not a group in CafeMom. Maybe there's a speciic group in here too that can help specifically on eptopics or pregnancy loss/fertility difficulties?
    Prayers for your friend and you also.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 12:00 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• usually there is a predisposition for them, like if her mother or gradmother had them. there is a very high chance of having another if she had one, and now even higher for a third. sorry to say it. she definately needs to talk to her doctor about it ,more.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 8:51 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I had an ectopic last year and like your friend I had to have it surgery so they removed my left tube as well. I explained to the doctor that I wanted to have more kids and he said that i could with the other ovary (unfortunally I havent gotten pregnant since that time) but she said that once u have an ectopic u have a higher chance of getting another one.
    blueorpink

Answer by blueorpink at 10:18 AM on Sep. 14, 2009