Do you know how much a massage therapist makes on average right out of school?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Money & Work

• I just called a guy who just got his certificate and began working. He charges $65 an hour but if friends refer you he'll knock it down to $50 an hour

Answer by admckenzie at 12:47 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Keep in mind though, that you will not make much money until you have built up a clientelle. This is where you will come into problems right now, with the economy the way it is.. people are really cutting back on this kind of luxury stuff. (Unless you live in the city, of course)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 2:03 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• where i am its 65 an hour and people don't usually cut back on something like this,it is for their well being
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:21 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• When I graduated and started working I made anywhere from $40 to $80 an hour not including tips depending on the type of massage I did. If you have any questions please PM me!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 9:03 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• That is going to depend on ALOT of things. Where you work, hours, number of clients... My mother charges $35 for a half hour and $45 for an hour. But she is lucky to get 10 clients a month. The dr. she worked with only paid her min. wage, and she was only paid for the time she was in with a client. So she quit. The salons and doctors here really don't offer that kind of thing and it's hours to the closest spa. So she works out of her own office, but most people just aren't interested! So, it really just depends... If you can get in to a resort, spa or cruise ship, you will make great money. Doctors and Salons will not pay as well, but can still be good... Your own practice could be awesome or lousy depending on where you live...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:53 PM on Sep. 13, 2009