if vaccines caused autism wouldn't every vaccinated child have it?

honestly! idk i just don't think the vaccines are the cause, my brother has it but he wasn't vaccinated at all so what does that tell you? i honestly think its a genetic disorder something from development in the womb, but in other ways i think its a enviromental thing from all the horrible chemicals and pollution in the air. thinking about it, it is so complex! i just hope they find out why and what causes it, i know it is a difficult thing to deal with...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Health

• I remember hearing that it wasn't the vaccines that caused it, it was a combination of low autoimmune system and too many vaccines at once (MMR). It was merely suggested that the Measles shot be given separately than the Mumps and Rubella to give the immune system a chance to deal with it without overload. I am sure genetics does play a part in some instances.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:39 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• There are hundreds of things that we use everyday that cause cancer. ...but do all american's have cancer?

I believe that it is mostly genetic but has many different environmental triggers. Vaccines being one of the major and most common triggers. Too much TV would be next. Maybe diet and trauma following that. idk. ...but that's what i believe.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:40 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• no if that is a cause of autism, not everyone getting 'the' vaccination would get autism just like everyone around someone with a cold does not get that cold, everyone around someone with chickenpox does not get chickenpox etc.

I think autism is unique to the chemicals and hormones, make up in a persons body just like any cancer or illness that other's around anyone might not get. Plus I wonder if there's overkill on its' diagnoses. I do not know that there is I just know there's an awful lot of diagnoses whether or not they're right or wrong. Moms of kids and kids no matter what abilities the kids have, have my respect. Bringing up kids is hard.

lfl

Answer by lfl at 12:45 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Vaccines do not cause Autism.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• It's just something that happens, it's hard to predict who will be affected. I have 4 sons and out of them only 1 had a horrible reaction to his MMR that nearly killed him. He suffered a SEVERE allergic reaction and it caused brain damage. He has Aspergers Syndrome. He was a perfectly normal, if not slightly advanced baby prior to his MMR at 13 mos. old. I know how much he changed, I know what happened, I have watched him over come amazing obstacles in the past 18 years and while he still has Aspergers and always will, he has come such a long way that only people who know him well can see the little things that are a part of the Apspergers. The MMR caused it. As his mother I personally know this. People can say that it doesn't happen but parents with children who HAVE gotten HORRIBLE allergic reactions to their MMR, who died after their MMR or who almost died and suffered complications as a result. It DOES happen.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 1:34 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• VACCINES DO NOT CAUSE AUTISM. Austism is a genetic disorder that is actually passed on from the mother. It is just a coincidence that the MMR is given at the same time that most cases of Autism are diagnosised. I know parents that have children with Autism and they are all vaccinated and continued to get vaccinated after the diagnosis. The percentage of kids that have issues with vaccines is under 1%. Parents that say their child's Autism was because of vaccines, have NO proof whatsoever. There is NO scientific proof that MMR shots cause any problems.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:46 PM on Sep. 13, 2009