I don't carry a gun to...

http://www.snubnose.info/wordpress/rkba/i-dont-carry-a-gun/

I don’t carry a gun…
… to kill people. I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don’t carry a gun to scare people. I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don’t carry a gun because I’m paranoid. I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don’t carry a gun because I’m evil. I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don’t carry a gun because I hate the government. I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don’t carry a gun because I’m angry. I carry a gun so that I don’t have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.
Cont.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:42 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• http://www.snubnose.info/wordpress/rkba/i-dont-carry-a-gun/

I don’t carry a gun because I want to shoot someone. I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don’t carry a gun because I’m a cowboy. I carry a gun because, when I die and go to heaven, I want to be a cowboy.

I don’t carry a gun to make me feel like a man. I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don’t carry a gun because I feel inadequate. I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don’t carry a gun because I love it. I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Well, you do scare people, you are paranoid, you do hate the government or at least many of you do and you will not become a cowboy (wtf is that?? lol).

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I don’t carry a gun… … to kill people. I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

Ypu may want to look at stats for people who own guns anf how many end up getting killed by their own weapon

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• "many of you do"

??? I am only one person....
    Anonymous

• I don’t carry a gun because I feel inadequate. I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

How many times in your life have you faced 3 armed thugs?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I don’t carry a gun to make me feel like a man. I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

My man knows how to take care of us and that's why he don't have a gun

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Ypu may want to look at stats for people who own guns anf how many end up getting killed by their own weapon

You might want to look up theFACTS that prove this is utterly false and misleading
    Anonymous

• I have lived on this planet for 50 years. I have resided in some big cities that many would consider dangerous,in suburbia, a rural community and a beach resort town. I have NEVER been personally assaulted or known anyone who has ever needed to fire a gun to defend themself. Most of my associates do own and carry firearms, many concealed for professional reasons. I have nothing against firearms, just never felt or encountered the need to own or carry one.

My parents are closing in on 80 and my inlaws are 90, neither set has ever owned (or probably even fired) a weapon. Both sets live in large urban settings- again never encountered a need. I would guess myself and everyone I know is extremely lucky?

I do not feel the need and I am not afraid. I use common sense and reasoning to determine where I go, when and with whom.

Feel free to arm yourself, your children and your home. It i
    Different strokes, for different folks
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 1:04 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Who are these people unable to walk out of their house for fear of getting ruthlessly, randomly murdered? I think you all play too many violent video games. Here's a little known fact for you: Grand Theft Auto is not an accurate representation of life. Imagine, I take buses and trains all over the inner city every day, I have lived in bad neighborhoods, and I have never felt so threatened that it was worth the risk of having a gun in my house with my kids.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 1:04 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Who are these people unable to walk out of their house for fear of getting ruthlessly, randomly murdered?

Point blank - if a large man with a van approached your daughter in an otherwise deserted mall parking lot, which would you rather she have - a gun or a cell phone?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:07 PM on Sep. 13, 2009