What would you do? I have no idea where to post this...

So, I have no idea what to do. But I am not happy. I had someone chase me down in a vehicle pointing a gun at me! I called 911. They said they would TRY to send someone to help me. WHAT?!?! Anyway, people ended up seeing what was going on and the guy left. Luckily my 10 month old and 2 year old were not with me. About an hour later, the cops showed up. I did have the vehicle and LP #. They said there is not much they can do for peoples "stupidity". What if he had shot me? What would they do then? I expressed my concerns regarding no one coming to help. They told me they generally are not there for protection but rather to clean up the aftermath of the incident. So, basically, they would have arrived quicker had I been shot and/or killed? It doesn't make sense. But, I am getting a concealed handgun license and am going to carry it with me wherever I am allowed to! BTW, I live in San Antonio, Texas.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in About CafeMom

• you can go above their heads and file a report and say you want to press charges for a person brandishing a weapon, which simply means taking out a weapon with intent to making you think they will use it. i dont know if there are even laws like that where you live, i live in california, where you liive as long as you dont shoot anything may be acceptable, i dont know
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 1:00 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Oh, I guess I should say why they were so mad at me. They were in a merge lane where they had a yield sign. I didn't see him until he was basically on top of me and couln't move over due to other vehicles there. He didn't yield but had the yield sign. I had the right of way. Had I seen him I would have slowed down but I didn't see him til he almost hit me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Oh wow. Thats sad, and sounds like you guys need a new Police Chief who wants to SERVE AND PROTECT as they are supposed to be doing.
    I'd call the station and talk to the highest person who would talk to me about it. If this is the attitude of the police department San Antonio is in trouble. They should go and talk to this person , make sure they don't have any warrants and have a gun permit. There are probably several things they could get him on if they just took 20 minutes.
    If you got the same attitude from the higher ups I'd just have to contact the local TV stations and see if they were interested.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:02 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• WTH? That is terrifying. Do you live in kind of a rough neighborhood, was it late at night? I am sorry that this happened to you, but I would talk to someone higher up than the cops you discussed the scenario with, especially considering you have the LP# and there were witnesses....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Yea, I went over their heads and got the same attitude. I'm writing the paper now. I've spoken to sevarl people around here and it turns out that is the "norm" here. The horrible thing is, I had witnesses. And they took like 5 min worth of a statement then left. I spoke with one lady whose father had called 911 because someone broke into his house with him and his grandkids there. The 911 operator "forgot"(however that happens) to let the cops know. The man called 911 back, but by the time the cops got there the man had been shot. Im thinking this is a San Antonio thing. It can't be like this everywhere.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Anon :03..I live in a good neighborhood. But I was on the highway when it happened. I was traveling home and was about to go pick up my kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Thank GOD your children weren't with you. I am sorry that something so horrible happened to you. The police really did nothing? I guess thats not suprising. I would go above them like other posters suggested. I can't believe that!!!!! I would have been very shaken.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 5:59 PM on Sep. 13, 2009