Does every mother do scrap-booking?

As a mom of two, a full time nurse, and a part time student... I HAVE NO TIME TO SCRAP-BOOK!

I have mounds of pictures and as much as I would love to have a beautiful scrap-book. I just can't.

I am taking the time to put the pics that I love into photo albums, nothing special, not even organized. All the other pics I put in boxes with their CD's.

What do you do? I feel awful that I don't scrap-book.

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 12:55 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I have bought tons of supplies, but the only pages I've done were gifts for other people.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 1:00 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• i don't but i'd like to
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:42 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Instead of scrapbooking, do one of the photobooks on snapfish or shutterfly. They are hardbound and very nice. You can just do a generic one or do more fancy stuff on the pages. You can put captions on them too. It doesn't take very long. I don't do them with all my photos, but I do them for special occasions. The kids love having their pics in an actual book.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:46 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• when i had one child i did a lot of scarpbooking and i also worked full time, it was my me time and hubby would watch baby and i would go to scrapbooking parties. now with 3 kids and being a SAHM for the last 2 years all my stuff is still in the same boxes hey were in when we moved 10 years ago. I so wish I had more time to do it.

Cafemom did give me the chance to try out a site called shutterfly through their influencer program and I LOVED IT! I was able to scrapbook without having supplies out, i did it all online, the kids didnt mess with my things and i could do it when i had some free time even 10 minutes a day. I now have this amazing book that everyone keeps asking me where i got it and they tell me how adorable it is. If you want something easy to do and no mess I would definately suggest you check it out :) you can even order several copies of the same book as gifts and make a bunch of other things as well.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:58 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I tried paper scrapping when my kids were little but it was too time consuming and too expensive. The kids got into all my supplies which cost a fortune and I had no place to actually work on a scrapbook. Then I started scrapping on my computer. Much easier and quicker and cheaper. The first year I didn't spend any money on supplies. I've been doing it for 3 1/2 years now and have probably spent a couple hundred dollars total (as opposed to the $150 just as a start up with paper and had almost nothing to work with). My pages print out beautifully and I've also had them bound into books from different online places. The best part is I can start and stop a page when I have time. I have finished pages in minutes and other times worked on the same page for days when I could find the time.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:43 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Set aside time once a month, I go to a scrapbooking crop once a month and get atleast 10 pages done in about 6 hours. It costs me $10 for food, drinks and there are raffles. I bring my own supplies but there are plenty of others there that are willing to share or trade supplies and have lots of ideas for page layouts, etc. Creative Memories sells pages that you just glue your pics on and add journaling and embellishments, if you want. No need to figure out the layouts because it is all already done.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:56 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Scrapbooking is something you should do if you want to, not if you don't. I don't think the quality of your memories will be harmed in any way.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:14 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I have been saving pictures and newspaper clippings of my kids for 19 years. I put them all in one box and as I have time, I put them in a book. I think it's a nice gift to send with your child when they, sniff....sniff... move out. Will you be considered a terrible mother if you don't, no, but it is nice to look back and see their accomplishments.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 9:16 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I love scrapbooking...I need to start doing it again. I made a scrapbook for my mother that turned out really well. I like to use items that have meaning or memories attached. Like using bday cards, gift bags, ribbons etc. I think actually making them by hand gives them more meaning and makes you feel more accomplished. I did one page where I used paper to "weave" a basket, used the grass from my sons basket, made eggs from colored papers and cute his easter pics to fit the eggs and decorated around the basket. It isn't my best looking but def my favorite one.
    jroseh68

Answer by jroseh68 at 7:37 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I don't think every mother scrapbooks. I only started a couple of years ago, and I'm hooked! It can be as easy or involved as you want, though. You can purchase kits that really only need your photos and adhesive. Have fun with it!
    scrapbookczar

Answer by scrapbookczar at 2:00 PM on Sep. 23, 2009