so i went to the hospital last night...

I went to the doc on Friday, was dilated 2 cm and not at all effaced.

Started having contractions that night, they lasted all not and were pretty consistent but stopped early in the morning.

Saturday I started having more intense contractions in the afternoon. My mom thought I needed to go to the hospital.

Went to the hospital, was checked, dilated to 4 cm and still not effaced. They made me walk for an hour and then checked me again I was still 4 cm but 70% effaced.

They gave me ambien and sent me home.

The contractions have not stopped since. They are much more intense and I've had a bloody mucous plug and spotting.

When do I need to go back to the hospital? How much longer could it be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Hopefully you got a little sleep/rest. I'd say go back now.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 12:59 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• my nurse told me when the contractions are 2-5minutes apart thats the time to head to the hospital just try and do things to get your mind off the pain like walking or reading...its different for every woman u could go into labor now or next week..hopefully u will have the baby before then tho good luck!!
    Kri5taa

Answer by Kri5taa at 1:01 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• If this your first pregnancy? I would wait until 411 that means your contractions are 4 minutes apart, they last for one minute long and thats has been going on for an hour.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 1:03 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• go ahead and go and don't let them send you home, I went 2 times and 10 minutes after i got home, i made my hubby take me back 3 minutes after we got there dd came! happy brithing!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• it's so hard to say how long it could be. some will go from that to active labor and have their baby today! some will go on and off like that for a few days. i think Precious' advice is good. good luck! :D and congrats!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:28 PM on Sep. 13, 2009