How bad is it to sleep on your stomach when pregnant?

I love sleeping on my stomach and with my first one I never got very big (only ever looked about 5 mo pregnant) so it was never very uncomfortable. My sister recently told me her doctor told her she shouldn't after 6 mo. As we are TTC I need to know so I can try and change my sleep patterns now. Anyone know?

auroura

Asked by auroura at 1:12 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Theres nothing wrong with it, I would have loved to sleep on my tummy when preggers and I did untill I got too big
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:15 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• You probably shouldn't do it after 6 months, and I am so jealous that you never got very big, by 9 months I looked like I had been preggo for 2 years! There is a big body pillow that you can kind of sort of sleep half side half stomach, it worked for me up unitl about 7 months, but since you stay little (beatch LOL) it might work the whole time. I am a stomach sleeper and I think I was awake the final 2 months, then suprise C-section, so no sleep again, GOOD LUCK!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:16 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• well they say its not good for the baby because it puts pressure on him/her some people do it reguardless i use to sleep on my stomach too but its uncomfortable and i feel bad now (im 30 weeks now) i heard u should sleep on your side your left side is the best way but i know i get cramps in my legs and have to switch often my doctors even said its not even really good to sleep on your back because it cuts circulation (a big vein runs through there) from the lower half of your body which is caused by the weight of the baby he/she lay on that vein..good luck tho!
    Kri5taa

Answer by Kri5taa at 1:55 PM on Sep. 13, 2009