Are you Unique? How do you view your uniqueness?

I was curious how do you feel about your own uniqueness?
Growing up,I had a mom who was (is) almost a hippie and a marine father who preached conformity. I am seriously unique and sometimes I get this attitude that I could care less what other ppl think .Then sometimes I am all about fitting in. How about you?

momthruivf

Asked by momthruivf at 1:17 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I am "unique" in a way that bothers others - how I deal with death. I don't know exactly why I am this way, but I'm o.k. with it. I do wish it didn't bother others so very much. I've lost many people in my 43 yrs. that I love very much (note that I say "love" not loved), but I simply do not feel sad. I have such a very firm belief in God, Jesus and Heaven (which is my right, and I'm not pushing it on anyone else), that I do not feel upset at all because of my belief that they are happy, healthy and completely at peace now, and I want only the best for my loved ones. Why would I be sad? It would only be for myself, the loss of having them in my life here on earth. I do understand that almost everyone does feel sad and grieve, and that is fine for them. I am not in any way suggesting they are wrong, we are all different and handle things differently.
    edcmyangels

Answer by edcmyangels at 1:31 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• unique
    I guess Im unique in the way everyone is...lol i dont know
    my mom was a very young teen mom which wasnt as common as it is now
    oh this is something that used to throw people off
    my mom is as you say HIPPIE, lol she is also white, im half and half black. people used to even tell me that she couldnt be my mom, kids only, and id have to explain that my dad is black...LOL it was funny to me. which also, there werent many "mixed kids" where i live

she has this long flowing blonde hair, never wears make-up, has a facial piercing and tongue ring. All of this was not popular while I was attending school so kids thought she was this cool mom even though she was super strict...lol

But how she is passed on to me, except now its more common to be HIPPIE again. LOL

but thats what unique i guess about me, its somethingnot many other kids had to deal with or experience.
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 1:32 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I am unique.
    I am a Pagan Military wife. ...which is not a very common thing. Plus i live in a conservative area not any where near a military base ...so i'm a big odd ball where i live.
    I am also unique because I'm a Green military wife. There aren't many of those either.
    And lastly, i am unique because i am a 22yr old mother of 2 boys who i never gave birth to and who aren't biologically brothers. ...yea. i'm unique.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:32 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I think I'm a unique Mom, I can fix just about anything, I do the "man" jobs when Hubby's gone working. Hubby thinks it's awesome that I can do jobs around the house without him here. I take our boys to do boy things, car shows, bike riding, truck/tractor pulls, jet skiing, rock crawling in our jeep. We have a lot of fun, and I think that makes me a "unique mom"..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 2:32 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• i have been told all my life i am---im misunderstood alot--
    barb09

Answer by barb09 at 3:09 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• mmm my DH considers my football obssession unique lol. it's pathetic actually. I mean my obsession with the colts. not my DH :)
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 6:26 PM on Sep. 13, 2009