how do i get there?

i been trying to get to church, and i still having trouble getting there. I am too tired in the mornings. I hadnot gone in along time, like months. Dont know when i get there? does anyone have this stuggle too? i feel so down, cause i have friends that want me in church. I want to go, and i still dont have a church to go to, thereare plenty, just need one i like to go to. Anyway ,feeling down about not being there, and wondering if i should stop trying, or keep trying.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• First I understand the struggle. We go to two services on Sunday because of the kids programs. My kids dearly love going to church so we go to both services, Sunday school hour and second hour is children's church. Over the summer they only have the children's church portion so we only go second hour. Anyway the past few weeks have been really hard because we are back to fall schedual.
    Remember it takes a while to get into a habit. So start making adjustments ahead of time. Try going to bed a little earlier on Saturday. Get as much done the night before, such as laying out clothes, showers, find quick foods for breakfast, anything that will make your Sunday morning routine easier will help. Then get up earlier than you think you will need to, say 1/2 an hour. That way if anything unexpected comes up it won't ruin your morning. And don't beat yourself up if you miss, once you get into the habit you will be fine
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 5:10 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• KEEP TRYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Miranda123006

Answer by Miranda123006 at 1:30 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Could you go to an afternoon or evening service instead?
    mummy22kids

Answer by mummy22kids at 1:32 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Keep trying! You know who's holding you back, and you'll have to win against him.
    Littlebit722

Answer by Littlebit722 at 1:35 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Wow, with so many from which to choose I see where there is a dilemma. Try narrowing the scope down or just begin with the closest one to you and go from there. Maybe go to one with friends to visit their church. Meanwhile, pray. God says He will guide us so ask him to guide you to where He wants you to be. Give up? lol, yeah like He's let that happen! He loves you and wants to see you happy and back in the fold.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:37 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• call a couple and see if they have a volunteer who can give you a ride. I also found that that helped motivate me to get up and go if someone else was taking time out to come get me. keep trying different ones till you find one you feel like you connect with. For me a connection with others in the congregation was WAY more important than minor differences in beliefs that separate most of the christian denominations now. I am sure if you pray you will find guidance, I know I did.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• thankyou so much, youre all the best.. good ideas, thanks. wont give up on trying..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• If you feel that part of you needs attention, keep looking for the right place & time to nurture your spirituality. Don't beat yourself up because you haven't found it yet, you have to search hard sometimes to find what is really right for you. Think outside of the box & you will know when you have found what you need.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 2:58 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• No I love going to church... mine's at night tho... and I leave to drive to it around 1 , check into hotel and eat then go to church which starts at 6. I will be going next Sat... cannot wait, its gonna be a wedding within a church service! Now that will be an experience! :-) I love going because I know God always shows up in power and might and they are family to me. It took me a long time to find a church that fit for me....
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:28 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• go to a later service
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:25 PM on Sep. 13, 2009