I want to go to a technical school or get a certificate somewhere...

What are good things to get right now? What jobs need people?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Money & Work

• Any trade (electrical, plumbing etc) are usually good.
    mummy22kids

Answer by mummy22kids at 1:33 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• health care jobs - always. Medical assistant, message theropy, dental assistant.
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 1:34 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Here is an article worth checking out, before you spend any money:

How to Get an Education Without Going to School

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:39 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Start with a community college; they will likely have many classes on line and the credits will easily transfer to a state university. Stay away from for-profit schools. They exist, by law, to make money for their owners/shareholders; education is not their priority. When I was in HR, I did not interview candidates from the for-profit schools.

Have a couple of informational interviews with people in your chosen field to help you determine whether or not this is the right career choice for you.

I would start with MicroSoft Office Certification classes, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint.; add a basic bookkeeping class and you will be on your way to a new career!

Answer by rkoloms at 2:02 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Check out U.S. Career Institute...they are very affordable/at home school. They have a list of courses, and maybe you can find one that interests you. Good luck , and let me know if I can help with anything. They are a great school.
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 3:01 PM on Sep. 13, 2009