How to grill shrimp?

I need marinate ideas and grilling tips asap. Thanks! PS We are using a charcoal grill and I do not have skewers.

Thanks!

texasgurl33

Asked by texasgurl33 at 1:34 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I like to just brush them with garlic butter and Old Bay seasoning. cooking them in the shell help to keep them moist too Then I lick my fingers when I peel and eat them (let everybody peel their own)
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:14 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Italian dressing is the easiest marinade! No skewers? I hope they are big shrimp, so they don't fall through the holes, it will take less than 5 minutes for them to cook, so make sure it is the last think you do! You want them to just be pink, also only marinade for about 30 minutes to an hour, they will absorb the flavor, wish I was coming to your house for dinner LOL!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:46 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Thanks Kimigogo! They are HUGE shrimps (lol we call them shrimps in Louisiana). I do have a bottle of zezty italian dressing....thats a great idea! I wish you were coming too....we are also having shrimp, crawfish and clam gumbo! :-)
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 1:52 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• on a cast iron skillet or a foil pouch. blackened seasoning or lemon pepper seasoning.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 4:20 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• We put ours in a foil puch, Add a couple pats of butter & some lemon and pepper. So yummy!
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 5:35 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I don't use skewers usually to grill mine and they aren't huge.
    I marinate in canola oil, salt, fresh minced garlic and black pepper, then grill.
    Easy as pie.
    inkelywinkely

Answer by inkelywinkely at 4:51 AM on Sep. 14, 2009