Can you see it is all politics?

On 'This Week', Minn. Governor Tim Pawlenty backed away from earlier statements suggesting he'd invoke the 10th Amendment to block Obama's health care reforms if they pass the Congress.

On Thursday, Pawlenty argued that Minnesota and other states might move to "nullify" Obama's health care plan.

"Depending on what the federal government comes out with here, asserting the 10th Amendment may be a viable option, but we don't know the details," said Pawlenty.

The Governor also raised the possibility of filing Tenth Amendment lawsuits.

But when I asked about those comments today, Pawlenty said he was suggesting a "political" not a "legal" effort.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/george/2009/09/pawlenty-backs-off-nullification.html

The rest of the interview is on the link. Saying it is a political effort and not a legal effort..what does that say to you?

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 1:36 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• STEPHANOPOULOS: So just to be clear, are you suggesting that any parts of the plan as the president has laid it out are unconstitutional?

PAWLENTY: Well, I wouldn't go so far as to say it's a legal issue. I was raising it as much as a practical matter, that there are some things that the federal government shouldn't do, doesn't do well, and should leave to the states."

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:36 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Well, I wouldn't go so far as to say it's a legal issue. I was raising it as much as a practical matter, that there are some things that the federal government shouldn't do, doesn't do well, and should leave to the states."

Whats wrong with that?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:13 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• that there are some things that the federal government shouldn't do, doesn't do well, and should leave to the states."

Umm, Sweets why did  you specifically highlight this quote..  Not sure you are aware, but this pretty much su,s up  why we have a (say it with me) C O N S T I T U T I O N... We DO NOT need the Federal Government to NANNY over us.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:23 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Obama is following in FDR's footsteps and FDR trampled all over the 10th amendment. He was a thug who threatened anyone who opposed his plans and fully intended to flood the Supreme Court with his judges by expanding it if that was the only way to get his social agenda passed. It's been a slippery slope ever since.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 10:30 PM on Sep. 13, 2009