How do I get rid of a stench in a room caused by old paints and a lot of clutter?

This room is full of clutter and I want to use it but I can't get rid of the smell inside.

mommytoots

Asked by mommytoots at 1:43 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Can you open up the windows? Put some fans in the windows to ventilate the room. If you want to paint it, try using some Kilz and then paint over the top of that. Otherwise, start at the ceiling and wash the whole room down with some bleach water.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:45 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Empty the entire room. Use Killz primer to cover the current paint. It will keep the smells from seeping through new paint. Get the Arm and Hammer paint that helps keep smells out. Wash the walls down with bleach water before painting. Open the windows and run a fan. Otherwise, call a professional painter and ask what else you can do.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:02 PM on Sep. 13, 2009