Can somebody tell me what a realtors job is exactly?

Here is my situation. We built a house and now it is done. While it was being built the realtor didn't check on it once. Now he looked at it and is telling me everything that is wrong with it and wants me to bring these concerns up to the builder. He says the builders don't like him and I would have a better chance of getting the problems fixed. Doesn't this sound a little backwards? So I have to look like the bitch and not get compensated for it? I thought a realtor's job was to fill out the paperwork and to be the neutral person between both parties? Am I wrong?

theutilitarian

Asked by theutilitarian at 2:28 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The Realtors job is to facilitate a deal. Doesn't sound as though he/she is doing that. Typically the fee is paid through the deal (as opposed to you simply writing a personal check to the Realtor directly). When there is a dispute such as this, the money his held in an escrow account, meanwhile you would have told the Broker of that agent, who should have given you another agent to work with. If that can't be resolved, then it goes before the local Board of Realtors, where you tell your side, they tell theirs, etc. You will be living in your house by then, but the "pay" will still be held in escrow until it's all resolved.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:56 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• yeah you can just get a diff realtor, and end his pay now, you are allowed to do that
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 2:46 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• We signed a contract that states we are committed to him on this specific property. Can we breach the contract somehow?
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 2:48 PM on Sep. 13, 2009