Yellow jackets in my yard!! OMG we all got stung today!

Does anyone have any idea how to get rid of a yellow jacket nest? I was mowing today and they have a hole they are living in in our yard! I got stung, DS got stung, and I need to get rid of them! Do you know if they sleep at night? If so, the hole is very small and I could pour poision in it, can't really afford to call an exterminator, they wanted a minimum of 250, but don't want to get stung again! BTY they are going crazy right now the lawnmower must have upset them, have not finished the lawn LOL!

kimigogo

Asked by kimigogo at 2:33 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Home & Garden

• when it starts getting dark they go into the nest, pour gas in it then cover the hole
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:36 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• You can also use a spray they sell for this runs about $3.00 per can and you should use it at night or late evening. I feel your pain we were pulling weeds last weekend and my son got swarmed by them, it was so scary he was stung a dozen times and bitten all on his head and tongue.

Right now they are getting ready to nest for the winter so they are staying together and seem to be more easily upset right now, a little girl where we live was attacked by them in a park she went to the ER and had over 115 stings poor thing.

Funny you posted this my neighbor and i were just discussing how to get rid of the nest between our houses, she said she had her extermintor spray my nest for me (she is so sweet I love her) and he told her you have to get the spray in the nest since that is where they get their food and its the best way to kill them but he also said they will come back eventually.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:45 PM on Sep. 13, 2009