What does it mean when a car insurance policy says "this policy excludes the following persons" and lists the names?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Money & Work

• exclude means not included.....it means they're not covered
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• omg lol my mom has that on hers for some reason
    her car insurance policy excludes me if I am driving her car and says the insurance is not liable if I am driving

i guess because im the oldest or something lol but it doesnt have my sister on there and it says my full legal name freakin weird...it was like that when i lived with her and im moved out and is still like that
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 2:36 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• It means exactly what it says....those people are excluded...meaning not covered if they wreck your car.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:39 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Thanks, I figured that out. I was just a little unclear about it. My husband and I are separated, but had decided to try again to work things out and were planning on moving back in together, but he changed his car insurance policy to exclude me........yet another little tactic to get me stuck at home all the time without being able to leave, as he knows I wouldn't drive his car if I wasn't included on his insurance, and yet another reason why I'm doubting the working it out thing all over again. I'm starting to feel like just another piece of property.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:41 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Oops...."Thanks I figured that out".....that was me, the OP....LOL.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• im sorry OP
    just have him add you back on, in fact, demand it
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 2:43 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• It means that if that person drives your vehicle and has an accident, they will not be covered. It could be because of a bad driving record. I wouldn't DEMAND the insurance company add the person, they can deny you insurance then. In your situation, I recommend you getting your own insurance, you do not need to own a vehicle inorder to have car insurance. The policy would cover you in anyone's vehicle.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:06 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• but he changed his car insurance policy to exclude me........yet another little tactic to get me stuck at home all the time without being able to leave, as he knows I wouldn't drive his car if I wasn't included on his insurance, and yet another reason why I'm doubting the working it out thing all over again.

***

If you are THIS doubtful at the onset of moving back in, why not stay separated and continue with divorce proceedings? It sounds as if you are lacking trust, honesty and communication in your relationship. Good luck, though.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:14 PM on Sep. 13, 2009