how many poopy diapers should my 1 week old have a day?

She is both formula and breast fed (similac advance) and she hasn't pooped yet today and she is ALWAYS fussy at night. She doesnt cry but it looks like she is trying to poop and she doesn't. When she does poop its a normal consistency, so I know she isnt constipated. I usually get 2-3 poopy diapers a day, but I want more!!

gottalovemal

Asked by gottalovemal at 2:39 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• DIRTY DIAPERS: Depends on your child.
    Number ranges from many per day to one every 7 – 10+ days. After 4 - 6 weeks, some babies switch to an infrequent stooling pattern. This is normal as long as baby is gaining well, and stools are soft and profuse if several days have passed. More on infant stooling.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:41 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• your baby may be fussy cuz she may have gas, does her bottle vent out the air, I know my baby had a big problem when that when he was first born then I changed his bottle and he slept all through the night.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:56 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• 2-3 doers perfect what are you worrying about. my dd was ff and she had 1-2 a day and it was fine
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 5:34 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• At that young, it should only be 2-3,I dont know why you would want more, tehe
    xoJessyxo

Answer by xoJessyxo at 5:50 PM on Sep. 13, 2009