Tattoo removal???

I have four tattoos that I got for no particular reason other than the fact that I was young and stupid lol. Although they can be covered up by clothing (2 on my back, one on each hip) I want them gone. I don't have anything against tattoos but I just don't want them on my body anymore. Never thought I'd say that, but I don't want them. Have you or anyone you know gone through a tattoo removal process? I am just curious about the methods and their effectiveness.

nicolemstacy

Asked by nicolemstacy at 2:43 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• There are only two effective m,ethods to remove tats. One is surgical cutting it out the other is Laser treatments. Surgery carries it's own riskd plus you have scarring. If it is a very large tattoo skin expanders have to be put in months in advance so enough skin is present to close the hole. Most insurances will not cover it. It is expensive. Laser is very , very expensive, time consuming (some tats need more than 15 treatments) Treatments are usually 6-8 weeks apart. Some colors like white and red are very difficult to remove. The tats may not totally disappear. Insurances do not cover laser tat removal. A small tat can cost $5000 to remove.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:56 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• My hubby had one near his eye removed they cut it out, because it was to close to his eye to laser it off. He has a scar, but it is not bad since he heals really well.
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 2:48 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Wow!!! Thanks for the input! I think it'll be easier and cheaper to just keep them there and deal with it lol. If anything, when the girls get older and ask if they can get tats, I can use myself as an example and explain how I regret getting them. (The whole, "cutting" out thing gave me chills lol I'm a big baby)
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 3:00 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I hope more young women will take after you and WISE UP. Yes, all this tatooing crap is disgusting. I'm glad you've come to your senses.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:16 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I think if they are stupid enough to get slutty tattoos, let them keep them forever, so everyone will know just how trampy they were in their twenties.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• "I think if they are stupid enough to get slutty tattoos, let them keep them forever, so everyone will know just how trampy they were in their twenties"

Well my tattoos aren't slutty by any means and I was never trampy. I just don't want my body marked up anymore. Everyone goes through a young and stupid phase in their life regardless of how big or small it was. It's part of learning and growing. I didn't post this question to get judged or bashed. I posted it because I needed advice. I have some advice to you: embrace your age and love yourself. Don't be hateful because you aren't a spring chicken anymore. Even though I don't even know who you are, and can't see your face, I can tell you that it makes you come off as ugly. I'll pray for you, you need it more than I do.

nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 11:03 AM on Sep. 15, 2009