Have you seen the movie Religulous? What do you think?

I'm not looking to start drama. Debate, sure. Opinions, sure. No bashing or hating. I'm just curious who has seen the movie Religious that Bill Maher did, and what you think of it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:44 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have that movie. I liked it a lot. I thought he brought up a lot of good points & was very funny. I can't say I agreed with everything he said, but I didn't expect to. It entertained me & made me think, so I was very pleased with it.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 2:56 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• OP here.....that's what I liked about it....and what I enjoy, in general, about that type of movie.....whether you agree or not, it makes you think about your own beliefs and question the reasons behind the things people choose to believe or not believe in. And I think the ability to question things is one of the greatest things there is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• My husband and I watched it together. We laughed a lot, especially at the guy who said Jesus wore expensive linen gowns. Though Bill Maher's intentions were to show religion in a negative light, I'm grateful because it open a door to sharing deeper religious issues with hubby.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 3:05 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I love that movie and need to gobuy it! I think he askes alot of tough questions and honestly he brough up alot of the same points Idid to my pastors when I was Christian. I think that he did a very good job at remaining respectful through the majority of his interviews too.
    punxruschicka

Answer by punxruschicka at 3:18 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Love it!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:37 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I wanna see it!
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 4:44 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Love it. Love Bill Mahar.
    Ziggy-Stardust

Answer by Ziggy-Stardust at 5:12 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I haven't seen it,and not being a Bill Maher fan, I probably won't. However, it's interesting what you said lexylex. In that respect, I may have to see it. If for no other reason that to see him fall flat on his face,in what he's trying to do.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 6:14 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I thought it was a good film.  He asked some very thought provoking questions.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:42 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I thought he was pretty funny. I did learn some things i never knew about other faiths which i didn't expect to do in this movie, and of course knowing bill maher and his crude humor I didn't expect him to be unbiased in his opinions or questioning. I watched it with my SO and we were highly entertained.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 6:52 PM on Sep. 13, 2009