Is this natural or just plan wrong?

My hubby's mom used to try to dictate my oldest sons life. It is her first grandchild but I just don't like what she is doing. She had him call her mom, always went behind my back and asked her son (my husband) if she can make him look the way she wanted. And she only baby sat him and not his younger brother. She was there for his birth but this is just getting out of hand I think. But my husband thinks it is perfectly find and that to just let it go. I just dont know. She even tried to call a mental facility on me because I yelled at her and didnt want my son to go with her that day. She is just annoying. So is this natural or just plain wrong?

evilmomof2boys

Asked by evilmomof2boys at 3:03 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• Just plain wrong. She had no right to try to get YOUR son to call her Mom.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 3:05 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• It's wrong! She's a freak!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Ty that is what I thought but my husband thinks I am just be stupid about that whole thing
    evilmomof2boys

Answer by evilmomof2boys at 3:10 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• why dont you keep your son from going over there for a while, she has no legal rights to him..teach her a lesson
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Something is not right with this woman, this is not a healthy relationship for her or your son. Your husband is wrong not to think this is weird!
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 3:19 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• My mother in law acted like this. It's easy for your hub to tell you that it's "nothing", your the one who is having to deal with it. When this happened to me, I sat down and made a list of what I found to be acceptable and not acceptable. I filled an entire notebook, lol, but at least I was thorough. Maybe sitting down with both the mother in law and your husband and having a serious conversation about why you are upset is in order. It sucks that he is teaming up with his mom though. Be strong, don't lose your cool, and get your feelings out. YOU are the mother, what YOU say goes.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 3:25 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• sounds like u2 have issues that need 2 b worked out
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• here is a group that has a lot of ladies that are experienced in the same things you are going through now.
    http://www.cafemom.com/group/32665
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:50 PM on Sep. 13, 2009