Would you really deny a child, regardless of his citizenship, health care if he needed it?

Please tell me you can't be this sick...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• NO child should be denied healthcare, even if they are not citizens. It isn't their fault where there were born or that their parents are not citizens. Actually, if they are born in the US they are US citizens even if their parents aren't.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:02 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• no way
    i think any child should have at the least basic coverage, and if they need more coverage for something such as a terminal illness or anything like a broken leg, etc they should be covered as well. all children should be covered, its not their fault, its the parents. JMO
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 3:23 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I wouldn't deny children healthcare ever.
    I think the ones who say it is ok are bigots, of course they would never admit it, but there it is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I don't think anyone should be denied health care. Isn't that the basic tenant of the hypocratic oath? Is money so important to a doctor that he would deny a person helth care just because they are not a citizen of the U.S.?
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 3:50 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• health**
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 3:51 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• idk i mean, some real Americans dont have health care and can't afford it at all.... i mean i guess i wouldn't deny it, but i can see the other side. it's like worrying about the starving people of other countries when we have homeless and people starving here at home, who are here legally. i would most def never deny a child. but maybe his folks. lol who are here illegally, and know better.

dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 4:22 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Well there children who are denied healthcare, just go read the story on my page it's true and completly heartwrenching... I am thankful this child will be in heaven on that last day...Please vote that story popular too the whole world needs to know, thankyou and God bless!
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 4:43 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• The children shouldn't be denied healthcare, and their parents should not be denied a bill to pay for it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:44 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Anyone can be treated, as long as they pay for it. I just don't want to pay for anyone, including a child, who hasn't followed proper channels for obtaining a means to pay. It's not my fault they're being denied. It's their parents' for not taking care of them. Sometimes, children with irresponsible parents suffer. Blame the parents. Don't make the rest of the world try to fix it. Make the parents fix it.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:01 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I agree with NP- yes, you can have health care, you just have to pay the bill that comes with it. If you are not a citizen then you do not pay taxes and you can not receive the government assisted health care. I am not aware of any country that gives free health care to non citizens. In the US our ER's will treat you for an emergency regardless of citizenship. Try that in Mexico. A friends husband died of a massive heart attack on vacation and they would not allow her to leave the country to bury her husbands body until she paid the bill. They would not take her American insurance, she had to pay the bill upfront (thank goodness for American Express!) and the collect from her insurance company. They advised she would be detained at the airport if she tried to leave. I guess they have their own version of the Do Not Fly list!
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 6:05 PM on Sep. 13, 2009